Introduction to Cryptography
Here you can watch the videos of the lecture in cryptography.
- The lecture is in English.
- Here you can watch free videos of a two-semester course in cryptography.
- The videos are mostly self-contained, i.e., you should be able to follow most of the material without additional resources.
- However, for a deeper understanding we recommend the course textbook, "Understanding Cryptography" by Christof Paar and Jan Pelzl. Please check www.crypto-textbook.com
The 24 lectures give a fairly comprehensive introduction to modern applied crypto.
Target group: Interested parties and students of cryptography.
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Cryptography by Christof Paar
- Lecture 2: Modular Arithmetic and Historical Ciphers
- Lecture 3: Stream Ciphers Random Numbers and the One Time Pad
- Lecture 4: Stream Ciphers and Linear Feedback Shift Registers
- Lecture 5: Data Encryption Standard (DES): Encryption
- Lecture 6: Data Encryption Standard (DES): Key Schedule and Decryption
- Lecture 7: Introduction to Galois Fields for the AES
- Lecture 8: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Lecture 9: Modes of Operation for Block Ciphers
- Lecture 10: Multiple Encryption and Brute-Force Attacks
- Lecture 11: Number Theory for PKC: Euclidean Algorithm, Euler's Phi Function & Euler's Theorem
- Lecture 12: The RSA Cryptosystem and Efficient Exponentiation
- Lecture: 13: Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange and the Discrete Log Problem
- Lecture 14: The Generalized Discrete Log Problem and the Security of Diffie-Hellman
- Lecture 15: Elgamal Encryption Scheme
- Lecture 16: Introduction to Elliptic Curves
- Lecture 17: Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Lecture 18: Digital Signatures and Security Services
- Lecture 19: Elgamal Digital Signature
- Lecture 20: Hash Functions
- Lecture 21: SHA-3 Hash Function
- Lecture 22: MAC (Message Authentication Codes) and HMAC
- Lecture 23: Symmetric Key Establishment and Kerberos
- Lecture 24: Man-in-the-middle Attack, Certificates and PKI
Prof. Dr. Christof Paar
Information Science & Technology
Copyright (C) Prof. Dr. Christof Paar
Date of publication
Wed, 01. Aug 2018 (aktualisiert am Mon, 13. Sep 2021)
Language of content