Web-Based Training for New International Students in the Buddy-Programme Natural.PALS
This Web-Based Training enables new students from abroad to prepare for starting their studies at RUB and conveys orientation knowledge for mastering the first steps: Participants learn how the Buddy-Programme is structured and can familiarise themselves with the German higher education system, “academic culture” and scientific standards. They gain insight into the daily life of students in Bochum and acquire basic knowledge about Germany’s society and culture. The WBT features interactive elements such as quizzes and game-like exercises, videos, and critical incidents.
- convey information about the Buddy-Programme, initiate reflection of expectations
- raise awareness for cultural differences, especially in academia, and particularities of the “teaching and learning culture“ at German universities
- convey orientation know-how for daily life in Bochum / the Ruhr area and essential knowledge about society and culture in Germany
Target audience: international Students, first-year students from abroad
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Buddy-Programme
- Chapter 2: Particularities of German Higher Education
- Chapter 3: Student Life in Bochum
- Chapter 4: Germany in a Nutshell
AuthorMelina Wachtling, Jasmin vom Brocke and Julia Sollik, Project inSTUDIESplus
FormatWeb-Based Training (WBT)
Ruhr-Universität Bochum, inSTUDIESplus, CC-BY-NC-ND.
Date of publication
Tue, 18. Feb 2020 (aktualisiert am Thu, 27. Feb 2020)
Language of content